Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back! Pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.”
NFBO DeafBlind Committee educational presentation by Helen Keller National Center
June9, Karlee Wascher, John Filek and Kacie Weldy discussed services offered by the Helen Keller National Center. Karlee Wascher is the HKN DeafBlind Specialist, Field Services, John Filek is HKNC’s new Region 5 Representative and Kacie Weldy is HKNC’s DeafBlind Specialist that services both Ohio and Indiana. These Specialist discussed:
1. Helen Keller National Center.
2. Information on Service Support Providers (SSP).
3. tactile communication, which is manual hand and finger alphabet spelling.
4. Haptics Communication.
Covid-19 Vaccines Q&A
NFB Ohio hosted a Discussion on COVID-19, March 15, 2021 from 2 to 3PM Eastern. Laurie Pfahler, Community/Transition Nurse and Rebecca Margevicius, Pharmacist with Southwest General Hospital in Cleveland answered important questions about corona virus vaccines.
NFB Ohio 75TH Annual Convention
The 75TH Ohio state convention, coined “Back to the Basics” will be held November 5th-6th-7th, 2021 at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbus – Worthington located at 175 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43235. The telephone number for reservations is (614) 885-3334.
Apply for NFB Ohio 2021 Scholarship!
The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio joyfully announces the opening of our 2021 scholarship program intended to benefit blind college students beginning March 1, 2021. In the fall of 2021 NFBO will offer scholarships to outstanding blind students who currently live in, or are attending college in, the state of Ohio during the 2021-2022 academic school year.
We Welcome All!
The National Federation of the Blind does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic or intersectionality of characteristics.
NFB-NEWSLINE® Ohio allows the blind, and those unable to read print, to read over 500 newspapers, magazines, TV listings and career opportunities. No affiliation with any blindness organization is required. Access with your iPhone, computer, Amazon Echo, Victor Reader Stream and telephone. Share with family, friends, fellow students, coworkers and eligible Ohioans. Sign up for the Free NFB-NEWSLINE® Ohio Service today.
Solutions for Vision Loss Monthly Teleconference
Join our monthly Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss teleconference, every third Sunday at 7PM Eastern, addressing every aspect of living with vision loss. Callers share tips, tricks, and techniques for continuing to live the life you want. Join us by calling
Access Code 240281423
Latest NFB Ohio News
- The NFB announced the 30 finalists for its annual scholarship program, which provides financial assistance and connects students with mentoring and other resources. The thirty scholarship finalists are listed below in alphabetical order with their home states and vocational goals. Maryam Abdul Sattar, California: Social Worker/Advocate Christopher Abel, […]
- The National Federation of the Blind has released version 3.0 of NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile. The brand new, redesigned app not only allows subscribers to access all of the content available through NFB-NEWSLINE from their iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device, but includes a free basic version of the KNFB […]
- National Federation of the Blind of Ohio invites you to join our monthly Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss teleconference. Whether you are new to vision loss, or have a lifetime of blindness experience, this teleconference is for you. The monthly teleconference features different topics each month that reflect […]
National President’s Message
- President Riccobono delivers the presidential release before a live virtual audience.
Braille Monitor Monthly magazine
- Vol. 64, No. 6, June 2021 Contents Illustration: Preparation and Practice to Break Record The 2021 Convention of the National Federation of the Blind on Track to be Bigger and Better than Ever by John Berggren National Federation of the […]
Guide dog Resources
Free White Canes
Parents of Blind Children
Free Slate and Stylus
Scholarships and Awards
Blind Youth in Science
Deaf Blind Resources
Publications and Media
Annual Presidential Reports
Resolutions by Year
Annual Banquet Speeches
Nations Blind on YouTube