Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back! Pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.”
Covid-19 Vaccines Q&A
NFB Ohio hosted a Discussion on COVID-19, March 15, 2021 from 2 to 3PM Eastern. Laurie Pfahler, Community/Transition Nurse and Rebecca Margevicius, Pharmacist with Southwest General Hospital in Cleveland answered important questions about corona virus vaccines.
NFB Ohio 75TH Annual Convention
The 75TH Ohio state convention, coined “Back to the Basics” will be held November 5th-6th-7th, 2021 at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbus – Worthington located at 175 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43235. The telephone number for reservations is (614) 885-3334.
Apply for NFB Ohio 2021 Scholarship!
The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio joyfully announces the opening of our 2021 scholarship program intended to benefit blind college students beginning March 1, 2021. In the fall of 2021 NFBO will offer scholarships to outstanding blind students who currently live in, or are attending college in, the state of Ohio during the 2021-2022 academic school year.
We Welcome All!
The National Federation of the Blind does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic or intersectionality of characteristics.
NFB-NEWSLINE® Ohio allows the blind, and those unable to read print, to read over 500 newspapers, magazines, TV listings and career opportunities. No affiliation with any blindness organization is required. Access with your iPhone, computer, Amazon Echo, Victor Reader Stream and telephone. Share with family, friends, fellow students, coworkers and eligible Ohioans. Sign up for the Free NFB-NEWSLINE® Ohio Service today.
Solutions for Vision Loss Monthly Teleconference
Join our monthly Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss teleconference, every third Sunday at 7PM Eastern, addressing every aspect of living with vision loss. Callers share tips, tricks, and techniques for continuing to live the life you want. Join us by calling
Access Code 240281423
Latest NFB Ohio News
- Jeopardy Productions and Sony Pictures Television has made the online test for the Jeopardy gameshow now fully accessible to blind people who use screen reader technology to access websites and digital information. The modifications to the online test were implemented as a result of negotiations among the producers, […]
- Every year, the National Federation of the Blind awards more than $120,000 to blind scholars across the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico; in recognition of their achievements and professional aspirations. Each scholarship winner is awarded based on their academic excellence, community service, and leadership. […]
- The National Federation of the Blind has released version 3.0 of NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile. The brand new, redesigned app not only allows subscribers to access all of the content available through NFB-NEWSLINE from their iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device, but includes a free basic version of the KNFB […]
- On September 17, The National Federation of the Blind issued a statement regarding a PDF report from the United States Commission on Civil Rights entitled Subminimum Wages: Impacts on the Civil Rights of People with Disabilities “Ever since our founding eighty years ago, the National Federation of the […]
National President’s Message
- President Riccobono delivers the presidential release before a live virtual audience. He provides updates regarding our advocacy efforts, recent letters written to Congress, national convention with a special contest from NFB of Maryland and the door prize team, a Blind […]
Braille Monitor Monthly magazine
- Vol. 64, No. 4, April 2021 Contents: The 2021 Convention is at Hand by John Berggren Visit the Presidential Suite at the 2021 Convention by Melissa Riccobono Inclusion in the Theatre: Embrace Your Passion for Performance […]
Guide dog Resources
Free White Canes
Parents of Blind Children
Free Slate and Stylus
Scholarships and Awards
Blind Youth in Science
Deaf Blind Resources
Publications and Media
Annual Presidential Reports
Resolutions by Year
Annual Banquet Speeches
Nations Blind on YouTube