Diabetes Action Network of Ohio
To educate and encourage diabetics, their families, and their communities about the realities of diabetes, the value of information and appropriate management, and the correlation with vision loss so that diabetics will have greater access to appropriate knowledge, tools, and a supportive environment that enhances their ability to manage their disease and lead a productive and fulfilling life, whatever happens.
Hold periodic meetings and conference calls to discuss current issues in diabetes management and answer questions
Conduct public speaking engagements in which we educate the public about diabetes in general and the availability of help for blind diabetics in particular
Offer one-on-one help for those who call us with questions.
Maintain resource lists including:
- The Braille Monitor, Bridging the Gap, and other literature available from our national office.
- NLS for Diabetes Forecast in Talking Book format.
- Recordings for the Blind & Dyslexic for other tape recorded materials.
- National Resources like National Institutes of Health.
- Centers for Disease Control.
- American Diabetic Association.
For more information, contact:
Wanda Sloan, President
Diabetic Action Network of Ohio
1300 Genesis Way, Apt.218, Dayton, OH 45417-8472